The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 Concrete moisture meter for measuring moisture content and relative humidity in concrete floors and slabs, wood & building materials.
Create visual moisture maps and reports with Tramex meters app
The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 - CMEX5 is a non-destructive digital concrete moisture meter for measuring quantitative moisture content in concrete floors and slabs. The CMEX5 also has a Relative Humidity Meter function as it features a built-in Hygrometer that measures Ambient Relative Humidity, Temperature, Dew Point, and Humidity Ratio (or Mixing Ratio) of the environment. A bayonet plug-in port allows for optional wood pin probes or Tramex Hygro-i2 Relative Humidity Sensors for measuring relative humidity in concrete as per ASTM F2170.
The CMEX5 concrete moisture meter determines instant and precise quantitative measurement of moisture content using Gravimetric testing as a baseline. This concrete moisture meter tests the concrete to a depth of approximately 20mm (3⁄4") into the slab. The CMEX5 also provides quantitative Carbide Method equivalent readings for Concrete and Anhydrite/Gypsum substrates and screeds. In addition, the CMEX5 has two reference scales for comparative readings making this moisture meter suitable to perform a concrete moisture test as per ASTM F2659.
This top quality concrete moisture meter with its Hygrometer and optional external pin and RH probe functionalities, is the ultimate tool for testing of concrete and flooring for professionals in the concrete coatings, wood flooring or water damage restoration industry to help prevent moisture problems on concrete floors.
The use of the CMEX5 can be extended with the optional Concrete Moisture Probe which measures in-situ quantitative moisture content within the concrete to an extendable depth of up to 4" (100mm).
Moisture Mapping & Data Documentation
Concrete moisture test results can be visualized with the Tramex Meters App and turned into moisture maps, reports and charts for sharing. Bluetooth connectivity to mobile devices also helps to GeoTag test results, create, save and share photos.
- 4 modes of measurement: Non-destructive moisture measurement, ambient hygrometer, and optional external in-situ hygrometer and wood pin probe.
- 5 Non-Destructive test (NDT) Scales: Concrete %MC, CM Concrete (Carbide Method equivalent for concrete), CM Anhydrite/Gypsum (Carbide Method equivalent), Gypsum Reference 0-12 and a Reference scale.
- Instant and precise readings to a depth of approximately 20mm (3⁄4") into the concrete slab, for reproducible and reliable results.
- The built-in Hygrometer probe provides Ambient Relative Humidity (%RH) readings, temperature, dew-point temperature and Humidity Ratio.
- Pin-probe mode for 5% to 30% Moisture Content measurement in Wood; 7 -100 comparative (WME), using Pin-type probe attachments. (optional)
- Attaches to a reusable relative humidity Hygro-i2 ® probe for in situ and hood testing of concrete per BS 8201, 8203, 5325 and ASTM F2170. (optional)
- Airspace conditions of Relative Humidity, Temperature, Dew-point and Humidity Ratio (using optional RH probes)
- Moisture readings and scale are displayed on a large, clear easy-to-read clear digital display: 2.3" x 1.4" (58mm x 35mm).
- Front lit display allows the CMEX5 concrete moisture meter's display to be easily read in poor light conditions.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for continual development and integration of apps and reporting.
- Hold Function which enables the user to “freeze” the reading, useful when taking readings where the meter face may not be visible.
- Spring-loaded contact pins compensate for uneven concrete and boost signal penetration.
- Rugged ergonomically designed enclosure.