Bona R848 adhesive is an elastic one-component silane-based adhesive that is particularly suitable for the installation of parquet with low movement such as engineered parquet and mosaic parquet.
Bona R848 has rapid initial bonding strength and a firm texture so retains its trowel pattern. The adhesive hardens by a chemical reaction with moisture. It also has good ahesion to almost all substrates and timber materials (see suitable subfloors below). Any splashes or drips of Bona R848 can be easily removed before it dries.
When using Bona R848, the use of a primer is generally not necessary if the subfloor and conditions are suitable - if you're unsure, our Technical Team will be able to advise.
As a water and solvent-free adhesive, Bona R848 causes nearly no swelling of the wood once it has been installed.
- Cemetitious screed
- Floors levelled with levelling compounds (at least 2mm thick, resistant against plasticiser migration)
- Calcium sulfate screed
- Chipboard, OSB Board
- Other dry and sound subfloors
- Mastic asphalt screed
(Please see technical data sheet for more info on suitability).
- Rapid initial bonding strength
- Water and solvent free, nearly no swelling of the wood
- Good adhesion to almost all substrates and timber materials
- Splashed material can be easy removed
- Allows load after 24 hours
- Firm texture – retains trowel pattern